Since the creation of BayRail Alliance (was known as Peninsula Rail 2000) in 1983, the organization has collected hundreds of pages of reports on Caltrain and mass transit planning on the Peninsula and the South Bay. To enhance discussions around current transit issues, BayRail Alliance has made these reports available online.
The reports are scanned into PDF formats with search functions. More materials will be added over time. Thank you.
- 1987 Caltrain ROW purchase study
- 1997 Caltrain Rapid Rail Project Draft Report
- 1997 Caltrain Rapid Rail Project implementation plan
- 1997 Caltrain Rapid Rail Work Plan
- 1997 Caltrain Market Demand Study
- 1999 Caltrain Short Term Service Study
- Caltrans Electrification feasibility study
- 1984 Peninsula Mass Transit Study Task 1
- 1984 Peninsula Mass Transit Study
- SP ROW sale offer
Caltrain Downtown Extension/Transbay Transit Center
- 1987 Quentin Kopp comment on Caltrain Downtown Extension
- 1994 Caltrain DTX final report
- 1993 Emperor Norton
- Transbay Teminal Separator
- 1994 Fremont – San Jose Report 1
- 1994 Fremont – San Jose Report 2
- 1994 Santa Cruz – Los Gatos Rail Corridor study
- 1976 Light Rail Feasibility Study Summary
- 1976 Light Rail Feasibility Study Presentation
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. – George Santayana
Special thanks to Michael Ward for donating his extensive collection of transit archives from the 70s and 80s.