To get to Mineta San Jose from Caltrain:
- Take Caltrain to Santa Clara station
- Transfer to VTA bus 10/Airport Flyer to SJC Terminal A or B. The ride on the bus is free.
To get to Caltrain from Mineta San Jose:
- From SJC Terminal A (stop is located by the parking garage) or B (stop is in the median between the terminal and parking), take the free VTA bus 10/Airport Flyer toward “Santa Clara Caltrain.” Make sure the signs on the bus say Santa Clara because line 10 buses to light rail also serve the same stops.
- Transfer to Caltrain at Santa Clara. Purchase train ticket from machine at the station.
VTA line 10 runs at every 15 minutes most of the time and every 30 minutes at night and early morning hours.
To get to SFO from Caltrain:
- Take Caltrain to Millbrae station
- Transfer to SamTrans bus route “SFO” to all terminals.
To get to Caltrain from SFO:
- Board SamTrans route “SFO” at the lower level of airport terminal.
- Get off at Millbrae and transfer to Caltrain. The southbound track is located adjacent to where the bus stops.
It is also possible to transfer to BART at Millbrae to access SFO. It is a direct trip at nights and weekends. A transfer is required at San Bruno during weekday daytime.
Clipper card is accepted on Caltrain, SamTrans, and BART, and using Clipper would avoid having to buy separate tickets on Caltrain and BART at higher fares. New Clipper cards can be purchased at any BART station including SFO, but not at most Caltrain stations.
For schedule information, use the MTC trip planner.
- What problems are encountered when a passenger rail train uses tracks owned by freight rail companies?
- Why is the City of Fremont not supporting Dumbarton Rail?
- Can they fit a bike/ped trail, busway, and train tracks on the Dumbarton Rail right of way on the Peninsula?
- If the diesel fuel cost is so high, shouldn’t Caltrain be running shorter trains during off-peak hours to save fuel?
- Why is Caltrain require Clipper users to tag off after exiting the train?
- Can the train horn volume be lowered?
- Why Can’t BART run all night?
- Why does BART use wider, non-standard guage rails?
- Why didn’t we get BART through San Mateo County in the 1960’s when it was cheaper.
- Why is Caltrain electrification so important?