The Capitol Corridor Joint Powers Authority (CCJPA) is the governing body for the Amtrak Capitol Corridor service.
The Capitol Corridor Joint Powers Board consists of two representatives from each of the eight counties in The Capitol Corridor. These are
- Placer, represented by Placer County Transportation Planning Agency
- Sacramento, represented by Sacramento Regional Transit District
- Yolo, represented by Yolo County Transportation District
- Solano, represented by Solano Transportation Authority
- Contra Costa, represented by San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District
- San Francisco, represented by San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District
- Alameda, represented by San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District
- Santa Clara, represented by Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority
The board members are appointed to the CCJPA from the represented transit agencies. In all cases, they are people elected to office in some other capacity, such as to a local city council, supervisorial district, or to the BART board, and then subsequently appointed to serve on the CCJPA as well as their respective boards.
Board meetings are held irregularly, every other month or two, generally on the third Wednesday of the month at 10 a.m. in Suisun City Council Chambers in Suisun City, CA.
CCJPA’s administrative functions are housed at San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District (BART). The Managing Director for the CCJPA is David Kutrosky.
The best way to contact the board is to appear in person at one of their meetings, or else to send them e-mail care of
You may also write a postal letter to
The Capitol Corridor Joint Powers Authority
300 Lakeside Drive
14th Floor, East
Oakland, CA 94612
You can also examine the latest board minutes to see who the current board members are and contact these elected officials directly and individually. However, this is a heavily staff-driven agency, and the Managing Director has a reputation for being responsive to riders’ needs, so you’re probably best off sending e-mail to the agency staff if you have a concern or suggestion regarding the service.